Tuesday, April 25, 2017

I'm dying.

My day started like any other day.
I woke up with the sun and went for my morning stroll around the neighborhood, I realized I was getting hungry so I decided to get something to eat.
I wanted something simple and fast so I headed towards the nearest food joint, it was just a few blocks away and had the best food in miles, it's like the chef knows exactly what I like.
I got myself some herring for breakfast with a few shrimps on the side.
As I was eating, suddenly I started to choke, something was in my food and is now stuck in my throat.
I tried to get it out but next thing I knew, something was thrown over my head. Somebody grabbed me and started dragging me away.
I started to panic and tried to get away but I was outnumbered.
I struggled, hit, shoved and pushed. Questions started racing through my mind "What's going on? What's happening to me?"
They put me on the ground in a place I've never seen before.
They grabbed me and held me down, stopping me from moving. one of them had a machete in his hand. I freaked out and tried even harder to get away, screaming at them to let me go, I tried anything I could to get free, but they were stronger than me. They held me down tight holding out my arm and quickly started cutting through it. I could feel the blade cutting through my skin, the pain was unbearable, yet I continued to fight. As I bled out, my energy began to fade. I felt weak.
They cut my arm completely off and tossed it on the floor behind them.
Without a thought, they instantly started on my other arm. I tried to struggle, I was scared and in excruciating pain, soon enough they tossed my arm to lie next to the first; I grew weaker by the minute.
The more I fought, the weaker I got.
So many thoughts in my mind "Why are they doing this to me? What did I do to deserve this? They are chopping me up alive and there's nothing I can do about it."
They grabbed my legs and continued adding to the pile made up of my limbs; Once they were done with me, they tossed me out in the middle of nowhere and left me to die.
Now, I lie here motionless, helpless, hopelessly bleeding out.
No one can help me now.
I'm dying.
I think of my chances, if I don't bleed to death, I'll either die of hunger or get eaten by something out here with no way to defend myself.
So, either way. I'm dead.
This kind of thing happens everyday to millions all around the world, but why?
Because I'm not human therefore, I don't matter.
I'm just a shark and they just want money.


No comments:

Post a Comment